Saturday, February 14, 2009

Life Gave Me Lemonade

I can honestly say enjoyed writing the Media Analysis paper. It was very cool to listen to song on a deeper level. The other day I was listening to some music on my computer and Chris Rice's "Lemonade" started playing, and it made me think. This would have been another good song to analyze, so that's what I'm going to do, just on a smaller scale.


So go ahead and ask her
For happy ever after
‘Cause nobody knows what’s coming
So why not take a chance on loving?
Come on and pour the glass and tempt me
Either half full or half empty, yeah
Cause if it all comes to down to flavor
The glass is tipping in my favor

[chorus]
Life gave me lemonade and I can’t imagine why
Born on a sunny day beneath the tangerine sky
I live life without pretending
I’m a sucker for happy endings
Thanks for the lemonade,
Thanks for the lemonade

This song is a completely happy-go-lucky song that never fails to raise my spirits. It moves at a cheerful pace, and you can't help but smile while listening to it. I'm pretty sure that the first verse is encouraging this guy to ask his girlfriend to marry him. I just love the fact that this song says, "life gave me lemonade." The normal expression is, "if life gives you lemons, make lemonade," but this guy has already been handed the finished product. He was blessed, but he doesn't know why. Later in the song he says, "..while God above stirs with a spoon." He acknowledges God, and knows it's him who is in control of handing out these blessings. But he's just going to keep living every day to the fullest and appreciate the time he's been given.

Oh, look.. I found a video with Chris Rice performing this song, and he just happened to talk a little about the song before he started singing. I was so right. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2-rKgGnx34

No comments:

Post a Comment