Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hannah Montana.... not normal.

While I was cleaning I had the T.V. turned on, and being a Saturday afternoon there wasn’t much on. I had E!’s True Hollywood Story on. For whatever reason, I’ve seen about every THS they’ve aired. Today it just happened to feature Miley Cyrus.

Now, Hannah Montana’s fan base is huge, and most of them are pretty intense fans. I would consider the typical Hannah Montana fan to be a bit obsessive. On this THS they showed clips of different people performing ridiculous acts in contests trying to win tickets to her sold-out show. One guy kept his hand on a 13-foot statue of Miley for six days in order to win a pair of tickets. Some dads dressed in drag and raced their little stiletto-wearing selves down a track to the finish line. Moms and Dads alike camped outside radio stations for days in hopes they would win tickets for their kids. This is my definition of “obsessive.”

I’ve never been one to freak out about any celebrity. If I like a musician, I’ll buy all of their CDs, go to some concerts, and add them on facebook or something. There are a couple T.V. shows that I absolutely love, and every week I am sure to tune in. I don’t see myself as being obsessive in my fandom…. Just normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment