Saturday, April 11, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

I had a friend tell me once that you know you saw a good movie when all you want to do is talk about it the next day.

Last night I saw Slumdog Millionaire, and it was a powerful movie. I went with a group of friends, two of which who were Indian. They’ve spent their entire lives here, but their dad didn’t come to America until he was an adult. A lot of the early scenes of the movie seemed to be dated further back than just within the last decade because of the amount of poverty. It was amazing to see the slums that families and children lived in. My two friends have been to India multiple times to visit relatives and they both said that India was just like that.

People go on mission trips all the time to third world countries and visit impoverished people. After watching the film I felt like I had experienced a mini mission trip. Some of the actors weren’t actually acting. The three young children in the have actually lost their parents due to anti-Muslim violence. I would adopt all of them right now if I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment