Saturday, April 4, 2009

xanga.. what?

Back in the day I had a Xanga.

Wow. I remember how in 2006 Xanga was the thing to have. My friends and I would write blogs and leave comments back and forth on practically a daily basis, that is.. until Myspace became popular.

Then Tom created Myspace.

I didn't understand the thing. You could add pictures, and have friends, but what is so cool about that? Never did I imagine that the Xanga, which I loved, would be pushed aside to let in this new form of media based interaction.

But Facebook emerged!

I became thoroughly addicted to Myspace. Xanga what? It was about having the most friends and getting the most comments. If I didn't have a comment or message every day I was disappointed. I worked on Myspace like it was my job. Never did I imagine Facebook would become my new addiction. I had a facebook account for the longest time, but it was too comfusing, and technically I wasn't even in college yet (I was just doing post-secondary) so none of my really good friends were on it. But then one day, I decided to make the big switch and now Facebook is my life. I honestly love seeing those little red notification bubbles when I get on Facebook. It's like someone's telling me they love me. :) ahh.. But now.. I hear there's something new.

The Age of Twitter!

I don't even know what it is!? But Ellen DeGeneres, Tom Cruise, and MC Hammer have one, so it must be a big deal.

I say all that, to say this. Will there always be some form of media that aims to be bigger and better than the previous thing? Will it ever stop?

I seriously doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment